St. John School is an innovative personalized learning academy in West County, St. Louis. We are seeking a forward-thinking principal to join our leadership team as we continue to be thought leaders for education throughout the country.
January 13, 2021
February 1, 2021
- School Leadership: Executive Director Doug Mauss
- School Leadership: Principal Rachel Bausch
- Church Leadership: Senior Pastor Dion Garrett
- Church Leadership: Director of Operations and Finance Tracy Dunn
- Human Resources: HR Coordinator Melissa Harting
- Teacher Representative: Jennifer Pickens
February 8/9, 2021
Principal Search Process Timeline was approved by the Parent Council and Principal Search Team.
February 10, 2021
Timeline and Next Steps were shared with teachers and school families.
February 12-19, 2021
- Principal Scott Osbourn submits key tasks and attributes for his successor.
- Principal Search Team creates surveys for parent and teacher feedback.
- Principal Attributes surveys sent out to teachers and parents – Feb 12 (due by Feb 16!) Fill Out Parent Survey
- Listening forums to evaluate strategic next steps for the school
- Parent In-Person Forum: Tuesday, Feb 16, 7:00pm in the Commons
- Parent Zoom Forum: Friday, Feb 19, 12:00pm Register Here
- Teacher In-Person Forum: Wednesday, Feb 17, 3:40pm in the Commons
February 17, 2021
Principal Search Team will compile principal attribute feedback from surveys and finalize the new principal job description. The job description will be posted publicly in various forums. Parents and teachers are encouraged to refer exciting possible candidates!
February 19, 2021
Executive Summary of Staff/Parent Survey:
Parents and teachers had the same highest-rated values for three of their Top 5 desired characteristics in our new principal!
- Is eager to form relationships within the school community.
- Is easily accessible and timely in communication.
- Is personable and easily approachable.
In addition, parents also highlighted a desire for the new principal to provide staff accountability and feedback, as well as prioritize campus safety. Teachers additionally desired a principal of strong personal faith who strives to know families and students by name.
Principal Job Description publicly posted. Seeking qualified candidates by the first week of March.